Friday, September 9, 2011

What's Been Going on in 4th Grade Isla Jamestown!

So much going on that it is hard to get to do the fun things I enjoy like searching blogs, pinteresting, and face book!  This weekend I hope to get caught up enough that life gets sort of back to normal!  Since I have been a fourth grade teacher, we have done quite a bit of work in the classroom.  I am sharing some pictures of some of the fun activities that we have been doing.  Most of them I found while surfing through blogs and the web in general.  Not sure where some of them came from because I would find something interesting and just save it to use (hopefully) later.  I would love to give the credit where credit is due...if any of these is your idea, please let me know.


This is a Beth Newingham idea!  I love her and ALL of her ideas.  We are waiting for postcards from everywhere!  Mrs. Newingham's website


This is a CRISS strategy.  A missing person's poster to help with inferring character traits.


We read The OK Book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and wrote about the things we were ok at and the things we were fabulous at.


I love Jack Prelutsky...we read Green Giant to get an idea about developing a mind movie when we do our own writing.  The kids kept their eyes closed while I read the poem aloud and then drew what they saw in their minds.  


To practice writing with details, we picked the favorite part of our favorite birthday ever and wrote with details to describe that one favorite part!  This was a wonderful idea from my new teammates!


This is one of my favorites!


I love this one!  This student's favorite part of her favorite birthday was the ring that her dad got for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment